Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The thinnest UHF RFID tag antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

streamlet

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As far as I know, the published smallest thickness is 1.52 mm, which is a PIFA-type antenna made on Taconic RF-35 substrate. Have anyone seen any UHF tag antenna thinner than this?

Hi, yes I have on my hand the UHF on metal tag with thickness 1.00mm, the reading distance on metal was 2feets(50cm) 2W ERP

Yes, you are right for PIFA. I was thinking of a patch antenna.

Hi, yes I have on my hand the UHF on metal tag with thickness 1.00mm, the reading distance on metal was 2feets(50cm) 2W ERP

may I know the horizontal size of the metal tag?

Hi ,

I have for your small update, the smaller UHF tag on metal has the size 15x15x1,5mm, what is exciting , the tag is possible read with output power of a reader 100mW

Hello FvM and Volker

Yes, you are right for PIFA. I was thinking of a patch antenna.

From my experience PIFA over ground is half a patch (shorted quarter wave resonator instead of half wave), so same rules apply as for patch antennas. Maybe you have some other structure in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.