Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The theory behind oscillator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

anhnha

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am learning about oscillator circuit, in my text book draw out a basic configuration of oscillator circuit and from it they introduce the configuration of colpitts and Hartley oscillator and so on.I want to understand deeply about it but I can find where to give me detail about it.Would you help me explain why the oscillator have to configuation like that? Or can you show me where i can find the answers.
Please see my attachment.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• oscillator.JPG
    oscillator.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 134

I've come to realize that several people tried arranging components in many different ways, and did lots of adjustments, in the early days while attempting to make an oscillator around an LC loop.

I presume Mr. Colpitts was the first one to succeed (or perhaps the first one to publish).

He may or may not have known what mathematical formula to use. I suspect the math came later.

To aid in visualizing its concept of operation, I have put videos on Youtube showing animated simulations of different oscillators (transistor versions). These show the dynamics of coil action, capacitor action, and current bundles flowing through wires.

Colpitts oscillators:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnlIifVnHSU

Reactions: anhnha

anhnha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for all help.
These sites is very usefull to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.