Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the SNR problem,help

Status
Not open for further replies.

power_pwer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,everyone
i am modeling a delta sigma modulator with simulink.i want to calculate the snr of the modulator.the tool i used is sdtoolbox.but i have a question about the snrcalculation given by the sdtoolbox.the method it provide is the following:
1 extract the signal from the output data of the modulator
2 subtract the signal got from the 1st step from the output samples,the difference is the noise
3 calculate the power of signal and of the signal,then do division
what i dont understand is how to get the formula of the 1st step as the picture below shows,could anyone help me please? formula.png

hello
first you need to apply FFT on the output stream then you can find the snr

thank you,junus2012.could you tell me the steps in detail please? and could you explain the derivation of the formula i shown?

Hello
no need to do any kind of manual calculation. in your simulator calculator use the function of FFT with high resolution setup and under long period. the result will be the power distribution in the frequency domain, now use the function of SNR also from your simulator calculator and you will get the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back