Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the saturation magnetization of ferrite in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Is the ferrite in HFSS saturated default?
I want to simulate the microstrip with the ferrite substrate.
The magnetic bias source is uniform.
The internal I set is far less than the magnetic saturation.
So I want to know that if the ferrite is saturated when i add a small H

Last edited:

Can anybody help me?

Can anybody help me?

I can be mistaken for particular cases, but yes. HFSS (up to v13 series) uses saturated ferrite setup.
At least it finely simulates non-exchange magnetostatic surface modes and other EM mode solutions for uniform saturated conditions.

But you can try to play with saturation magnetization and high frequency µ to approximate your mode solutions.

You just can't be sure about domain structure because it is much more complex problem HFSS can handle.

Ansys Maxwell, I'm not familiar with it, but it can handle nonuniform magnetization. Maybe some approximations for unsaturated ferrite are also present.

The internal I set is far less than the magnetic saturation.
So, I don't know how can you get the demagnetizing factor. I believe you should guess the unsaturated M in the place of Ms in accordance to your Hi

Last edited:

Normally I set internal as "0" at the beginning, considing this is "just saturated case".

You can also set positive/negative internal value, as the over/under saturated situation.

The simulation always looks good, but need more tuning after fabrication.

I wouldn't be sure that "-" is undersaturated.
I believe it is just ωH, that is not the same. ωM seems to be kept the same for MS magnetization. Otherwise there should be many problems solved, simplest of them is demagnetizing factor that is nonuniform, other is nonsaturated χ...domain structure... domain movement... I think, complexity of just EM part of the problem becomes comparable to antiferromagnetics between 1st and 2nd order transition...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back