Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The reliable of radiation pattern!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhangKhang

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
With the same structure, if we use about x-meshcell and accuracy of -30 dB and use about 2*x meshcell and acauracy of-50dB?!...
which radiation pattern case is more reliable? (at same operating fre.)
It only chages a little bit, I mean, the radiation PATTERNS will be same!
Am I confusing?

r u interstd in the x pol level down to 50 dB or so

KhangKhang said:
With the same structure, if we use about x-meshcell and accuracy of -30 dB and use about 2*x meshcell and acauracy of-50dB?!...
which radiation pattern case is more reliable? (at same operating fre.)
It only chages a little bit, I mean, the radiation PATTERNS will be same!
Am I confusing?

hi khangkhang,
Firstly, meshcells do have great effect on the accuracy of the simulation results, but this parameter depends largely on your structure and usually you could trust the initial value automatically determined by the "expert system" if your structure is not a very special one.
Secondly, i suppose the term "accuracy" you referred to is the first option in "!T"--transient solver. This parameter is used by the system to evaluate to what extent the energy in the structure has decayed, so it is different from the ordinary meaning of the word "accuracy" we usually use.
So it is not strange that you didn't find any obvious differences between your 2 simulations after different parameter settings if the number of the meshcells "expert system" originally adopted was already appropriate for your structure, and your following changes didn't mean very much--in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back