Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The relationship between length and power of monopole antena

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinhvantrang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body, please tell me the the relationship between length and power of monopole antenna. I have a military communications Tx/Rx and It use monopole (whip) antenna. I don't understand why: I have to use antenna 2.4 meters at low power mode (7-14 Watt) and use antenna 3 meters at power amplifier (50 Watt) .

There is no relationship between the power and the physical length of an aerial, other then if you put too much power into a monopole, the current will actually melt it. This is not likely with only 50W. A different length aerial without any further tuning will effect the power output.So it could be the other way around, i.e. a one metre aerial in your case reflects most of the power back to the transmitter so it might only radiate 1 watt.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back