Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The question of DC solid state relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanlin

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use a small solid state DC controlled DC normally open solid state relay with 4 pins: IN+ IN- OUT+ OUT-.
The connection method of the S3C2440 selected by the main control chip is as follows:
OUT+, OUT- are used as switches to control the charge and discharge of the capacitor;
IN+ connects to 5V power supply; IN- connects to 2440 GPIO through a 470 ohm current limiting resistor;
The problem now is: as long as the circuit board power is turned on, the relay is in the closed state and is not controlled by the 2440.
Relay parameters: control voltage 3-14V Control current 6-15mA

Hi,

Relay part number? Schematic of circuit section described? Is 2440 GPIO high-Z or sinking and does it have an internal pull-down, etc?

You verified that the GPIO pin driving the SSR is high in intended off state?

Hi,

I agree with d123.

If you suspect there is something with the relay... the first things you should provide is
* relay part number
* schematic
* microcontroller code that shows the port setup and ON/OFF of the relay.

The first thing to debug the problem should be to use a DVM and measure
* the relay output voltage in ON and OFF state
* the relay input voltage in ON and OFF state
...and report them here

What worries me: The microcontroller seems to be a 3.3V device .... but you talk about 5V ....
--> schematic needed

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.