Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The psot-sim of MOM-cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitgrace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DearAll :

Does any other have good to extract the MOM-cap (cap fringer) , Now I design
0.18um MOM-cap with VIA. I use calibre to do extraction, But I found the command files mo define VIA-to-VIA information, So that the cap is low than the practical ,DOes anyone have good method to expect the value. Thanks

then u can use less vias so your extracted cap is close to reality.

The calibre-xrc files don't deifne VIA information, If I use the less VIA, Does the cap is different ? I will try it , Thanks.

I have another question , Does you around the Nwell to ring the MOM-cap ,
if we don't use Nwell to around it. Do anyone have any comment . Thanks

Anyone could give some information about MOM? The layout is preferred.
Thank you very much!

I attach a short application note "MOM capacitor design challenges and solutions" that addresses the questions discussed here.

Regarding vias - if you remove vias, this would decrease capacitance density and probably increase series resistance of MOM capacitor. Don't do this if you want to achieve maximum possible capacitance density.

Max

Reactions: fseifu

fseifu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back