Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The pins of IR detector from a mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have decided to use IR emitter and detector from my old mouse. I have noticed there is two pins in emitter which corresponds to +5V and 0V. The detector consists of three pins. I am not too sure about it. Does anyone know about 3 pins of detector?

Do I require to pull resistor down with detector ?

What about emitter?

MM

how to use a 3 pin infrared sensor

The IR emitter is just an LED with a wavelength in the near IR spectrum.Check this site out for more info.

Code:
http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/infrared_object_detection.htm

ir detector in mouse

I don't know how old your mouse is, but AFAIK, the receiver in the mouse is a 16-pixel camera. Not just a single IR diode or IR transistor. The pins are, probably power, ground and serial data. Can you put the parts back into the mouse and look at the receievr pins with an osclilloscope?

old mouse sensor

Unfortunately I desoldered the parts from my mouse and I chunked the board away. I wish I could have tested it with my scope.

I will upload photo asap

MM

3 pin infrared sensor from mouse

The 3-pin IR detector in an old mouse is a dual n-p-n phototransistor array, each transistor has no B pin, and 2 E pins are connected internally as the middle output pin.

phototransistor 3 pin dual mouse

kender said:
Maverickmax said:
I will upload photo asap
Didn't someone promise photos?..

I was going to upload but my crap camera could not get a clear picture of my IR sensors as it is blurred

:cry:

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back