Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The latest version of 3D IDF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkbs

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,
somebody know the last version of IDF file ? I mean... I know that there's a version 3 that "give" to the solid cad only 1 hight information for component,but I heard that there is a version 4.0 that give more hight information,isn't it ?
Somebody know about that ???

mkbs

simplifiedsolutionsinc

According to an EETimes article, IDF 4.0 adds support for conductor shapes, graphics, annotations, figures, footprints, sublayouts, enhanced 3D part shape representation, embedded and printed components, component pin locations, and other properties. It doesn't look like most of the ECAD vendors are supporting IDF 4.0 yet

Here are some links that you might find interesting:

https://www.priware.com/common/Idf.aspx
https://www.priware.com/common/Systems.aspx
**broken link removed**

mkbs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
idf 4.0 supported versions

TraceRouter,
many tanks !!!!!!!

mkbs:D

idf 4.0 -usb

Attached are the IDF formats.
IDF 4 is a lot more complex to implement.

idf files?

The latest version of CircuitWorks, part of SolidWorks 2009, supports IDF 4.0. I have not tested CircuitWorks yet, this information comes from the CircuitWorks help file:
Intermediate Data Format (IDF) is a vendor-neutral format for exchanging printed circuit assembly (PCA) information between PCB layout design (ECAD) systems and Mechanical CAD systems such as SolidWorks. CircuitWorks reads and writes IDF 2.0, IDF 3.0, and IDF 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back