Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The importance of AGC on transmitter side in GSM BTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwmmboy

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have a question about GSM BTS.
I all reference design I found an AGC on transmitter side.
Why it seems so important?

Tx

GSM AGC Transmitter

it is use to do the power control

Re: GSM AGC Transmitter

it might have many uses like
preventing the internal circuit from damage due to excessive power level.... to counteract signal variation due to fading....

hi,

AGC IS NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE FEED BACK IS GIVEN TO THE AMPLIFIER..

SO WHN DUE TO SOME ERROR OR ANY THING TRASMITTING POWER IS INCREASES BEYOND SOME LEVEL GAIN OF AMPLIFIER IS AUTOMATICALLY REDUCE DUE TO NEGATIVE FEED BACK TO AMPLIFIER...

IF U NOT DO THIS MOBILE WILL RECEIVE LARGE POWE & MAY CAUSES DAMAGED TO IT .......

Yes the purpose of GSM AGC is also to provide different power levels. Normally the base station interacts with you mobile phone and sets the power level. If the base station sets a high power level this means that your phone power consumption will be increase and decrease your battery life. So normally the phone reads the power level request from the BT and sets the output level accordingly. The power level must be quite stable and not to oscillate so the AGC it is also responsible of fine control of the power level.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back