Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the differnce in SOCE verify geometry and calibre DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmosd

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,I want to ask what's the differnece between encounter verify geometry and calibre DRC, I know we must pass the DRC before tapout , so can we say if the DRC has passed, the verify geometry is unnecessary in soc encounter?

cosmosd said:
hi ,I want to ask what's the differnece between encounter verify geometry and calibre DRC, I know we must pass the DRC before tapout , so can we say if the DRC has passed, the verify geometry is unnecessary in soc encounter?

If DRC/LVS is correct, verify geometry in soc Encounter should also be correct.
But , be aware that verify geometry inside soc could report you short between different nets.
DRC maybe correct with database with shorted nets.
To insure this run also LVS to have a full clean database.

Generally speaking, it is better to run verifyGeometry first before running full DRC.
It runs faster, so you will highlight you DRC problem in advance (to the condition your lef file is good enough)
It prevent from any short routing problem.
If your design is clean DRC/LVS , there is no need to run VerifyGeometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back