Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between i/o buffers, clock buffers and ordinary buffers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody explain the difference between i/o buffers,clock buffers,ordinary buffers..?

Re: what are i/o buffers

I/O buffers: To latch the data from the pheripheral devices.This buffer is specifically used because it is not possible for the pheripheral device to send the data to the processor when the processor requires it(because clock synchronization is not possible).So these I/O buffers latch the data from the I/O devices and sends the data to the processor with synchronisation.

Clock buffers: In a microprocessor, since a single clock drives the entire processor, the signal may become weak and may not supply the clock signal to every part of the processor.So clock buffers are used to boost up the clock signal

Data or Ordinary buffers: These are primarily used to produce intentional delay in the data paths.In asynchronous circuits are used to prevent races..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back