Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between functinoal and verilog views in virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andich

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can anybody explain me the difference between the functional view and the verilog view of a cell in virtuoso?

It appears that I can select either of them from the config and simulate.

What is different regarding the AMS Simulation (compilation, elaboration, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

View is a combination of two or more tables with keys being commmon among these tables and doesn't hold phisical data.
Function module is a modularization technique where in you pick data from different tables checking the data in these tables against certain conditions.

Function Module can even access the Pool tables, whereas View can not.

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. There are various views of a cell in virtuoso to represent the corresponding design: such as schematic and verilog views. There is also functional view which can be created by the VerilogIn in virtuoso.

However, I can use both of the views, functional or verilog, to simulate my design. What I do not know is the difference between them.

The question is not about the modules or Pool tables. (I suppose, these terms are more related to digital design flow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back