Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between cascoded and cascaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanson_uestc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I saw "cascoded" and "cascaded" in some books and papers
i am confused,who can tell me the differents about this two words?
thanks a lot!

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION

Amplifiers are cascaded when the output of the first is the input to the second.
The total gain is the product of the cascaded amplifier stages.

A cascode is an arrangement of electronic devices where the output of a common emitter (or cathode) circuit is coupled directly to the input of a common base (or grid) circuit (usually with no intervening components). The first stage's emitter (cathode) is connected to the common ground via a resistor and the base (grid) of the second device is grounded (sometimes via a capacitor). The resulting amplifier has high gain at high frequencies and low signal noise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascode

Regards,
IanP

Cascode = a single amplifier (which might have many number of transistors for gain boosting purpose)

Cascade = you add up a few stage of single amplifier (like adding block in series)

I HAVE A QUESTION

haiiiiiiii
just now i saw ur quoestion.
i am sorry for not replying u these many days.
i was not knowing tht i have to open in tht way on clicking all posts for quoestions.
i joined very recently.
the answer for ur quoestion is
ok i think u know cascading.
do u know push pull amplifier ckts.
there also the pnp transistors collector terminal will be connected to emiter of npn transistor.
ok
this is cascoding
i think most of the ckts terminals are cascoded
and the ckts are cascaded.
ok

they are absolutely different!

you must make sensitive to the terms.

cascade - serial connection cascode - common source and common gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search