Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between ASK/FSK receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

microlab

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ask/fsk receivers

hai all
i am trying to interface the rf transmiter/receiver module to the 89c51 microcontroller
where i found there are two types of them.FSK and ASK
what's the difference and advantage over another?
can we connect the rf modules directly to the serial port of the system?
is it necessary to add any encoder/decoder to the circuit
how can we impliment the antena on PCB?
i also would like to know what should i take care at the timr of design and writing softwares.
i am located in india,is there any place from where i can purchase the modules?
persons having prior experiance,please help me with your valuable advices

thanking you all

ml

Re: ask/fsk receivers

hai all
pls help me
i tried to interface an ASK receiver
but i'm receiving some junk charectors
what could be the reason and how can i solve it:

thanking you

ml

pL. be specific in the question. Upload the circuit diagram, you are using. Then I may help you.

ASK circuits are normally used in very low cost applications where there is little interference, such as in a key fob for opening your car doors.

FSK circuits require much more circuitry, and are therefore more expensive. However, the nature of FSK is such that it can tolerate more interefence noise. So you can get longer range, and higher data rates in FSK.

Yes, as biff44 said reliability of FSK is higher.
Moreover there are lot of applications in which the distance between Tx and Rx is changing rapidly and you can't use Ask but just FSK.
In my experience, I would choose FSK anyway.
Max

the antenna is embeded inside the RF modules, remember to take care about the interference as other members said.. It's important to establish some adjustaments in function the Tx-Rx you want to establish..distance..data rate.. Be specificall about the circuit and want do you want to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back