Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Description of the Power Circuit which convert 220V ac to 5V DC for ATmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusrat Mary

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

Can anyone tell me how does the following circuit work?

View attachment ad.pdfView attachment ad.pdf

Attachment 76025

i've used it in a project's power supply to convert 220V AC to 5V DC for use 5V DC to ATmega16 and servo motors ,

(ATmega16 and a servo are connected parallel) ; will the parallel connection makes any problem for getting power for ATmega16 and servo
whose model is SG-5010? can i connect another servo parallel with this? if i use those 3 things paralelly the are not working properly , why?
The transformer is for step down from 220V AC to 12V AC, but i dont know how its Diodes , Capacitors , IC 7805 and 7812 works ,

Thank u for seeing this ,

Dear Nusrat
Hi
What do you mean by how it does work ? it is a simple transformer and a rectifier and a filter and then a simple standard regulator . isn't it clear ? if not , tell me , please that which section isn't clear , thus i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear goldsmith

I don't understand the works of Capacitor and Diode,
The voltage regulators are converting 12v DC to 5v(from ic 7805) and 12v(7812) DC, but what are the capacitors and diodes doing?
it's a full wave or half wave rectifier?
you've mentioned capacitors are filtering, how? is it smoothing out the rectified voltage? they are bypass capacitor or dc blocking capacitor?
At the IC's pin no.1 how the wave shapes will looks like?

thank you.

Hi again . it is a half wave rectifier with capacitive filter and a regulator to stabilize out put voltage in our desired value .

Status
Not open for further replies.