Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The definition of the slow-wave factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkBear

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could someone please show the definition of the "slow-wave factor", or simply offer a link to those corresponding references?
many thanks!

slow-wave factor

**broken link removed**

DrunkBear

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
slow waves microwaves101

hi vfone,
thanks for your information!
according to its definition, the slow-wave factor also eaquals to β/k0, where β is the phase constant of the slow-wave structure and k0 is determined by the constitutive parameters of the media, and also eaquals to the index of refraction n.
I'm wondering if i've correctly understood it.

wave factor

The propagation constant and phase velocity of a loss-less transmission line are given by β =2πf√LC and Vp = 1/√LC , where L and C are the inductance and capacitance per unit length along the transmission line.
Slow-wave propagation can be accomplished by effectively increasing the L and C values.
This can be done introducing periodic variations along the direction of propagation (drilling holes in the substrate, or by etching patterns in the microstrip ground plane).

Re: slow-wave factor

yes, transmission lines with periodically loaded C and L are one typical slow-wave structure.
in one paper i'm examining at the moment, it seems the "slow-wave factor" is used to described any wave-guiding structure (even, e.g a parralel plate waveguide filled with dielectric material).
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back