Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The comparison of Nanosim to Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruritania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone ever verified the design with Nanosim and successfully taped out?

Nanosim has faster speed, but Hspice is always the golden standard. I'm really wondering which one I should use... :(

Pls give me some suggestions, thanks.

Ruri

Re: Nanosim vs. Hspice

Nanosim is better for mixed-signal circuits. It helps much for function verification.
If you want to get accurate simulation for small circuits, Hspice will be better choice.

Nanosim is useful for system level design and verification where you just want to verify your algorithms. But to simulate in circuit-level, you should use Hspice, because its algorithms are very powerful and in the most conditions can converge to the correct results. As you know, in this level the number of components are large and you will get lots of differential equations with higher orders. But other analog simulators don't have efficient algorithms for circuit-level simulation.

Regards,
KH

Nanosim use partition technic to accelerate its simulation speed.

But its model is not as accurate as Hspice

Nanosim vs. Hspice

Sometime, the nanosime is only choice because of hspice can't handle large system.

Nanosim vs. Hspice

for vlsi mixed signal ic,nanosim is better for post simulation.and hspice is better for front simulation.

regards

nanosim is suit for post-simulation and some conditions that you just want to get a rough estimation about a circuit.
Hspice is necessary for pre-simulation and post-simulation of some important circuits

Nanosim vs. Hspice

In my experiment nanosim is fast hspice .. It is less accurate 5% than hspice . In the some critical block . like ADC , I thinkyou must do it using hspice

Nanosim vs. Hspice

first time to hear nanosim.even hspice is not that accurate if the speed s high especially for RF circuits.

HSPICE is accurate & mean time it can't handle large circuits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back