Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The best EDA for microwave/VHF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HP8970B

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I've been using An*ft Sere*nade and like it but considering which's the best for microwave and/or VHF linear simulation for LNA, mixer etc.
It must have the capability of PCB pattern output.

Considering Gene*sys or CST*MWS, any comment?

HP8970B

I think @ds will be the best solution to your problems... have a go at it... it'll also generate layouts from schematics... and vice versa...

I have MWO, ADS ,CST MWS and Genesys.All of these softwares are similar performance but user interface is different.
I use Genesys because he is very easy to use ,powerful ,fast , have good support. On Eagleware Genesys site you can find exellent forum but it's very confuse.
Very soon we will defragment eagleware forum and put into own database for fastest searching.For Elektroda members we will alow acess to our web server with this datebase.
New Genesys have far field antennas calculator like MWO and ADS. Anyone try new Genesys 2002.09? Please PM, I'm interested for more information about this new option.

Ansoft serenade optimal speed is too slow, MWO,ADS has faster optimal speed.

Have anyone try APLAC? It seems to be very fast!

I've tried APLAC and it works, but the user interface reminds me of programs many years old. This makes it harder to pick it up and use it if you don'tuse it every day.
M/W/O, G/e/n/e/s/y/s, A/D/S, I've used all three and they all work. I guess it depends on what you can afford to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back