Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The area of 256KB flash on 0.25um and 0.35um technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_shiv

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question- Urgent

Hi guys,

I just wanted a rough estimate of the area of 256KB flash on 0.25um and 0.35um technology. Also how much area would a 8-bit successive approximation ADC and DAC occupy in 0.25um and 0.35um?
Thanks

Re: Question- Urgent

I'm calculating the area based on my own flash project,

For a .25 array technology, assumign you are using NOR type of array, a 512wordline x 1048 bitline array block including decoding may possibley take 540ux900u considering that you have source implanting technology(if not, you have to consider source connection), and you may need 4 blocks like this, that is around 1.94Mu^2.

And if you only want simple read and write operation, you might need around 533ux1000u peripheral for pumps, sense amplifier, and logics for program/erase control, pad are not included since I assume you are use it as a build in blocks. the periphral may varies a lot depending on feature and sensing bandwidth. that count together could be around 2.44M u^2, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back