Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Annoying "Acquiring Network Address" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullforce

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, the first time i faced this problem, i formatted the machine and installed windows afresh. I thought that would be it, but just the other day when i was doing some maintenance on my machine without adding or removing any hardware, when i inserted the network card it brought the "acquiring network address"message which after sometime it brings a pop-up that it has connected but the network connection icon shows that it still "acquiring network address".
I'm tried installing a new OS so please guys help, what can i do?javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
i assure you its nothing to do with DHCP server because its just a LAN

Re: The Annoying "Acquiring Network Address" messa

it is looking for some one to give it an ip address, some dhcp server on the net. if you use static ip address then go to properties -> tcp/ip section and assign the static ip address. for a stand alone machine 192.168.0.1 would be good enough.

hock

thanks alot hook, i have concidered that option and it actually works but all the machines are connected using dhcp and if i put my own ip address not knowing the actual ip address of the other PC might disconnect me from my network (ie. the network that the other PCs are connected to:!:)

it is the job of dhcp server to make sure no one uses same address, not yours.
hock

i know that its not my work to monitor DHCP but its kinda annoying when it forever acquires the network address and for your information, you cannot access the lan-you cannot do anything on a network

Well You can limit the no of users of DHCP on your router to the no of computers on LAN-1.
Then Assign a static IP on your problematic machine of the same subnet.

This will eliminate every chance of IP conflict.

Regards,
Kashif

Status
Not open for further replies.