Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Analog Devices iCouple technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdaniel

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please, if anybody have a real experience with the Analog Devices iCouple chips?
I have a lot of headache with the optocouplers' reliability during many years and it is very tempting to switch to iCouple technology. But firs I want to consult from colleagues. Besides is looks strange, that Digikey has not these chips.

Varuzhan

Last year I present a iCoupler conference hold by Analog Device. but Nothing left in my brain. All I can found related to that conferece is this document and a gift Swiss-made Knife. Wish it's helpful.

mike

-------------------------
https://www.ezpcb.com

I am surprised very much, that such a revolutionary new technology has such a small interest in this forum (and whole designers community?). First it should be much more reliable, because it is completely silicon and not hybrid. Second it is very fast.
Some years ago I have designed an active mirror control system for a MAGIC Gamma-Ray telescope. There are used about 200 optocouplers (inside the MAXIM MAX1480 IC) and during 4 years we have 5 LED faults, so the optocouplers are the bottleneck for the whole system reliability. Now I make an experiments with the Analog Devices ADM2483 RS485 iCouler interface chips and they work very good. I am going to replace all optocouplers with iCouple chips in the new MAGC-II telscope design, but before I want to know colleagues opinions.

Varuzhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back