Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TFT screen disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOSTISLAND

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ,

I’ve designed a tester , the product has got a connector which is supposed to be connected to the tester’s connector
The tester has got a 7Inch TFT
Sometimes , whenever I connect the connectors , the TFT screen disappears as if there is no backlight .
I think the problem lies on Ground .
How could I connect 2 Grounds (“Tester Ground & Product Ground” or “Tester Ground & PC Ground”) while there is no earth in common ?
I think having a large ground somewhat would solve the problem but isn’t there any other way ?

The tester provides power supply for DUT . There is a 19200 b/s communication between the DUT & the tester and no analog data . But the problem persists when there is no communication and there is no power supply for DUT .And the only connection is just the connection of the ground of the tester and the ground of the DUT .
As you know when there is no earth , the potential level of the 2 grounds are different , so connecting these 2 GNDs has consequences . I’ve heard larger ground makes the situation better .

Thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back