Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tft lcd image display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the best.
1- read from mmc and every (512 byte read sector from sd card) and display it on tft lcd module

2- - read from mmc all picture data(320*240) and put the picture data in external ram and then show it to lcd tft module.

in this video the picture is show with very slow. i want it fast

Which controller(and operating freq.) are you using and what about image format, is that raw or jpeg ?

I think it is besed on the streaming that you want....the first method will read the data and display it immediatly....but the second one will require to download complete data in to memeory and then display it.....so one need to wait....second method have one disadvantage that you need to have a good amount of memory to store all the frames....so if your external ram is not sufficent then you will get memory overflow problem.....where as first method have problem that only the chuck that you are reading will be refereshed in a perodic way.....I will recommand you to read frame based and display also frame based will give you good visualization and less memory and flicker

Good Luck

Which controller(and operating freq.) are you using and what about image format, is that raw or jpeg ?
i use different mcu
operating freq with avr 16mhz
operating freq with atxmega 32mhz
operating freq with stm32 72mhz
image format(raw,bmp)

I think it is besed on the streaming that you want....the first method will read the data and display it immediatly....but the second one will require to download complete data in to memeory and then display it.....so one need to wait....second method have one disadvantage that you need to have a good amount of memory to store all the frames....so if your external ram is not sufficent then you will get memory overflow problem.....where as first method have problem that only the chuck that you are reading will be refereshed in a perodic way.....I will recommand you to read frame based and display also frame based will give you good visualization and less memory and flicker
Good Luck
did you mean the first method read picture file and show it in lcd directly

thank all :p

Last edited:

hi 5282604,

I am working now on the ARM cortex M3 stellaris board provided by the Mikroelectronica.

basically i have init the LCD and fill it differnt colors. it is working ok.
but when i fill it with Green,or some color hex code,then diffenrt color is filled instead the original color.
my hex color code info is this below

Code:
#define Black     0x0000                   
#define Maroon  0x8000                 
#define Olive     0x8400                  
#define Navy     0x0010                 
#define Purple    0x8010  
#define White    0xFFFF

please help me that how can i display my basic color on the LCD

Deepak

Yes....

In a view to say most of the video processor does that say an example Marvel video processor....they just have max of half frame delay between input frame and output frame at least I checked their specification in my designs ....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.