Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TFT 3.2v display from Newhaven toasted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I accidently applied 5 volts to this display do you think I toasted it ?

Hard to say without you provide more details concerning to what else was noticed...

+++

what you mean by that? i connected this display and my system is 3v system, but i forgot and disconnected my 3v supply and engaged the polulu programmer which puts 5v on the the bus thus the display got 5v to its VCC and control pins.
I did not see anything on the display at anypoint.
can these displays survice 5v ?
can someone tell me if I connected the display correctly to start with , see the pic below . this is a newheaven 2.4INC TFT dsplay , ILI9341 controller based.

https://s767.photobucket.com/user/aliyesami/media/TFT_breakboard_connection.jpg.html?filters[user]=110827988&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

According to datasheet, 5v applied on supply exceeds absolute maximum rating defined for such controller, which is (4,6+-0,3)v.

"The absolute maximum rating is listed on following table. When ILI9341 is used out of the absolute maximum ratings, ILI9341 may be permanently damaged"

Particularly, I don´t believe this could be enough for burn it, anyway we are focusing only at main controller, but there are many other components at the board, such as memories.

If you have a schematic of this board, could inspect if there are some fuse and therefore measure some points in order to detect if critical signals are missing, as oscillator.

+++

try to use it as it wanst burned, simple thing such as display "hello" on it
if it works, then not burned
it it doesnt work then it is probably fried...

no schematics available for this display. tried to use it but nothing . but I am trying to find out if this is a software issue or hardware.
I dont know if this display should display some light when connected even if the software is not working as some displays would be total dead if software initialization is not good.

If you don´t have any schematic and source code was never tested before, you really have a problem. As I suggested before, start probing if some points exhibits pulsed behavior, what could suppose deduce that the module still alive, in theory.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back