Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Texas Instrument UCC3808 similar models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tõnn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Texas Instrument UCC3808 similar spice models?

Hy!

I do a research for a push-pull DC-DC converter for my diploma work. I want to simulate my circuit but I had not find UCC3808 pwm chip spice file nowhere. So is there something similar with that pwm chip which has a spice model? I founded in Texas Instrument home page UC1846 and UC1847 spice models, but they are encrypted and work only in Cadence Pspice 15.7 and newer but I want to simulate in multisim.

My fried, try LTSpice...they have push-pulls there.

It is also free.

It is the best-in-the-world of the FREE SMPS simulators.

Most free SMPS simulators, in fact most SMPS simulators full-stop, do not allow users to adequately simulate many PWM control IC's.

....you can program your own model of your intended PWM IC , but generally, it will run far too slowly unless you have severely excellent skills.

Well I tried a LTSpice little bit, but it seems that there are no other components than Linear Technology. My schematic is here. In Multisim I have a all the components exept pwm chip. I was thinking that maybe I can replace UCC3808 with TL494(beacuse I have that simulation model), I know that I need mosfet drivers to solve mosfet heating problem, but there is not any simulation models for drivers. Maybe I do not have to put mosfet drivers in simulation beacause Multisim is not so smart to measure mosfets heat. Another problem is that, UCC3808 is current mode pwm chip but TL494 is voltage mode pwm. I like voltage mode little bit more because it can work in low voltage and even without current(for a second or something), accroding to Using a Current Mode PWM Controller in Voltage Mode Page of. Is it very complicate to put TL494 to that schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.