Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing reverse input for DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

x2pher

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

can you help me please to provide schematic for this. I Need to test reverse input for dc power supply.But I need to make sure the power supply doesnt have charge before I inject reverse voltage.please help to provide schematic,, need to discharge first the pre-voltage on the bulk caps.thanks

Attachments

• inverting input.jpg
    inverting input.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 104

Re: reverse voltage test

The simplest way would be to use a two pole relay and some load resistors. Arrange it so the load resistors are connected across the outputs when the relay is not energized so some leakage current flows and discharges the capacitors. When energized, use the relay to disconnect the resistors and connect the output wires instead.

Brian.

Reactions: x2pher

x2pher

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: reverse voltage test

Hi brian,

Thanks for the help.
thats a great option, but it requires another supply for relay bias right.
Can a combinational transistor can do this. i just dont have any idea on the configuration.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.