Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test Bed DDS and WaveDAC burst tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadakk

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Occasionally I need to generate custom wave forms and burst a known number of cycles
into a DUT.

This is a single chip solution, board I typically I use is $ 10. You just drag and drop components
onto schematic, wire internally with a wire wizard tool and out to pins, right click and config them.

Setup is right clicking a component on schematic (in PSOC land a component is an onchip
resource) and setting clocks, amplitude, phase....whatever). I could write code and add LCD
to design to do config that way, just got lazy. So only code written in this case was 6 lines
of code to start all the key components. Note each component has a library of API f() calls
to manipulate it under code. Rare you write a driver for anything.

This setup was to just burst 4 sine cycles into a filter. Can be configed repeating or press of
a button to initiate the burst. Number of cycles programmable, as is freq, amplitude. For
repeating inter burst delay also settable.

Additionally I have needed to burst a mix of waveforms, this solution does that as well. Shown
is two channels, I think chip has enough resources to do 4.....

The trigger is easily changed from repeating or button to a qualified trigger, like a V being
exceeded, or a logic level or pattern. Just more drag and drop onto schematic to do that.
Although more advanced stuff like using the A/D or DMA or DSP requires you do some coding.

Even a state machine for trigger using onboard LUT easy to do.

Compiler and IDE tool free. PSOC Creator. https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

MyPulseFunGen.JPG

DS1Z_QuickPrint2.png

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back