Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Terminology in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaval4987

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know about the terms 'AS', 'AD', 'PS' and 'PD' in spice.

I am running timing analysis in nanotime and it gives warning that value of 'AS' for is too big (or small) for the simulation. And after that- it gives no results. However it runs without error.

So i thought knowing the terminology would help me and modifying it correctly would lead me to correct results.

Thanks.

AS is the area of the source. PS is the perimeter of the source. Ditto AD for the drain.

Keith

Thanks Keith. One more question. How does one determine the value of Diffusion areas and perimeter? Because the tool says it is too big for the technology. I am using 45nm technology.

It is probably part of the PDK. You can look in the design rules to work it out. What are the W, L, AD, AS, PD & PS values you are using?

Keith

Thanks Keith. But Sorry I did a mistake in reading the error... Due to a misunderstanding, I thought that the error is about AS and AD. But it said Acde=1 may be too small in model. It is one parameter in the model I am using. I am using 45nm PTM model.

Assuming it is a BSIM4 model ACDE is "Exponential coefficient for charge thickness in CAPMOD=2 for accumulation and depletion regions" with a default value of 1mV/V.

In BSIM3 it is "Exponential coefficient for charge thickness in capMod=3 for accumulation and depletion regions" with the same 1mV/V default value.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back