Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Termination connection of telephone cables (4-pair UTP cables) to telephone outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

relax_08

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there!

anyone could provide me termination connection of telephone cables (4-pair UTP cables) to telephone outlet.

Thanks.

Re: telephone connection

Usually, the two outside pins are the line but in the UK it's the two middle ones for some reason. Please edit your profile so we can tell where you are.

Brian.

I am working here in Middle east. what i mean is that the color coding of the termination. the sequence of the color coded cables.

For the UTP cable look here for the connections:
Ethernet Cable: Color Coding Standard

The telephone connections vary country by country, there is no standard. Usually only two wires are used and it doesn't matter which way around they connect. If you can open an existing phone socket you should be able to see which ones are used in your locality.

Usually only two wires are used and it doesn't matter which way around they connect.

for DTMF signalling, the order of connections does matter, otherwise the phone device will be unable to break dial tone to start dialing.

I have worked on telephone systems from all over the World and I have never seen a phone that doesn't have a bridge rectifier across it's wires. It is there specifically so the wires can be reversed without causing a problem. In some countries the phone lines are not even color coded so it's impossible to know which way to connect the phone unless you use a voltmeter to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.