Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temporarily jamming a Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

purifier

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there anyway i could temporarily jam a camera without damaging it? It must be a piece which when switched on disables all nearby cameras in its proximity... I heard that EMP(Electromagnetic pulse) can be used for such purpose but that would end up damaging the camera... and that too building up an equipment which requires EMP is out of my budget... Is there any simpler way which i could use to build such a piece? Please help...

You u want to Play the MetalGearSolid for real ?? :)

I saw these EMP Device sometime ago
but New Security Camera have protection now agains Magnetisme
U can Made a device that Jam the camera using a Laser.
the device send the laser(Low Power) in the Focus of the camera (the camera must be Fixed (not Moving one)
the Receiver will see only Red Light

Thanks for the idea... but i need a device that can block a camera in its proximity... Suppose i don't know the location of the camera or the camera is say hidden...then i'll have to send the "blocking" whatever in all directions... Any more ideas?

if it is using a rf transmitter (very common in hidden cams) then you can do a bug sweep and know the rf frequency.
use a rf generator to jam that signal.
hock

RF jamming a comparative easy way, but you need to determine which is the operating frequency, we always assumed that it is ISM band 2.4GHz.

But how to jam the optical signal, it is quite a very interesting topic.

Omnidirectional IR emitter

Thanks about the RF sweep technique... There are bug tracers as far as i know... If the camera is a bug then it might be possible to jam the frequency... but what if it is not a bug? Don't you think it requires an altogether totally different approach?

Constructing an EMP device requires a very high capacitance value and that makes the device much biggerm but i'm planning for a portable model, the ones that can be carried along with us...

We can use all those laser jammers and others provided we know the location of the camera... but suppose that i don't know the location of the camera( if i did know the location, why on earth would they call it a spy or a hidden camera :) ) then, instead of disabling it, we can atleast detect it so that it can be manually removed...

Are there any techniques of detecting a camera? (in this case, not a bug - it is not transmitting anything... it only receives and sends it through a cable) Cameras use two kinds of things... CMOS chip and CCD... Can we use these in any way?

The final way i thought of jamming or in this case destroying the camera is to emit a high intensity light or a flash. This would damage the CCD.... But 1. I don't want the camera to be damaged and 2. The flash is a higher threat to us... we'll go blind if we looked at it at the time of flashing...

Any ideas??

You need to emit enough light that will change the camera's auto exposure to make the surrounding area low enough to be in the dark noise level. Running around with a torch will make you very conspicuous. Your best bet for being anonymous is to wear a disguise.

It is not always possible to locate a camera by RF sweep. because the person can remotely turn off the camera.

I been trying to located a spy camera by the Spyfinder device that reflected laser off the lens. but it's seem that the person can put the filtered in front of the lens and prevent it from reflecting.

purifier said:
Thanks about the RF sweep technique... There are bug tracers as far as i know... If the camera is a bug then it might be possible to jam the frequency... but what if it is not a bug? Don't you think it requires an altogether totally different approach?

Constructing an EMP device requires a very high capacitance value and that makes the device much biggerm but i'm planning for a portable model, the ones that can be carried along with us...

We can use all those laser jammers and others provided we know the location of the camera... but suppose that i don't know the location of the camera( if i did know the location, why on earth would they call it a spy or a hidden camera :) ) then, instead of disabling it, we can atleast detect it so that it can be manually removed...

Are there any techniques of detecting a camera? (in this case, not a bug - it is not transmitting anything... it only receives and sends it through a cable) Cameras use two kinds of things... CMOS chip and CCD... Can we use these in any way?

The final way i thought of jamming or in this case destroying the camera is to emit a high intensity light or a flash. This would damage the CCD.... But 1. I don't want the camera to be damaged and 2. The flash is a higher threat to us... we'll go blind if we looked at it at the time of flashing...

Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back