Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature sensing circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiZX

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to add an additional voltage output to a bandgap reference to output a PTAT voltage referenced to GND that can provide information on the temperature of the circuit. In other words, to provide a voltage whose slope = voltage/degree C. This output voltage will will need to be both Vdd and process independent. My idea is to take the PTAT current out of the PTAT block of the bandgap and use that somehow.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can best do this? Or can provide references?

Simply get PTAT current ( VT ln(m)/R ) and dump it into a resistor using a high quality cascode current mirror.

You will thus get a voltage VT ln(m)*R'/R. If you use matched resistors, this should be highly PVT insensitive

I believe there are papers on better ways of doing this

Can you point out as to where I can find these papers?

Status
Not open for further replies.