Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telnet between an embedded system and personal computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marwafareed

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to send data from embedded system to PC using telnet, but I want to disable displaying the characters om the screen.

Can any one advise me on this issue :-?

Thanks & Regards :smile:

Marwa Sakr

Hello,

I want to send data from embedded system to PC using telnet, but I want to disable displaying the characters om the screen.

Can any one advise me on this issue :-?

Thanks & Regards :smile:

Marwa Sakr

Telnet is a insecure protocol why you want to use it?
It relies on terminal hence what ever you type is also displayed, you can permanently disable the local echo see if that facility is available on your terminal emulation.

If you need to transfer data from you Embedded system to PC better use ssh client or FTP client on your embedded side.
It is more secure.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, we are designing a system that is used to send video data from one embedded system to another via an Ethernet connection.

As a preliminary step, Video data are transmitted from the sending card to the PC using Ethernet. It was easier to use the telnet as we have a reference design for it.

I am using the windows command prompt, do you know how to disable displaying characters in it?

Thanks & Regards,

Last edited:

why use telnet ? I would have thought a TCP virtual circuit or UDP datagrams would be simpler

What are you doing with the data from the embedded system? Are you writing it to disk, passing it to an application running on the PC? How are you getting the data from telnet to your desired destination?

What are you doing with the data from the embedded system? Are you writing it to disk, passing it to an application running on the PC? How are you getting the data from telnet to your desired destination?

Hello,

It is required to send video frames displayed on a PC via transmitting card to a receiving card. The receiving card capture these frames and display them on a LED panel.

First, we designed the transmitting card. To test it, the video is being transmitted from the a PC to a development board via DVI connector. To test this phase, this video is re-transmitted to the PC again via an Ethernet connection using telnet session.

Yet we did not design the receiving card , therefore to test the transmitting card which is considered as a server, the PC is used as the client thus it will request to connection via telent session to the transmitting card. Finally the transmitting card is accessed and data is sent from the transmitting card to the PC.

Kind Regards.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

why use telnet ? I would have thought a TCP virtual circuit or UDP datagrams would be simpler

I used telenet because there was a reference design using the telnet with TCP.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.