Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tell me about good Counter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

amila133

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to count the no of rotations of the disk and store that value. This should be 24 hour running system. once a week that counted value should fed into the PIC.

Pls tell me about suitable counter IC for this purpose.

Thank You very much.

I hope this project made simple with Photo transistor IR led module MOC 7811.
Give proper Baising .disc cutting the IR ray we will get a pulse(Digital output).
That will count by microprosser(89c51)with external interupt or counter IC's

amila133 said:
Hi,
I want to count the no of rotations of the disk and store that value. This should be 24 hour running system. once a week that counted value should fed into the PIC.
Pls tell me about suitable counter IC for this purpose.
Thank You very much.
Your question is not clear. What do u mean when you say "counter IC"? Do you mean, an Opto? ...Cheers

I am going to count no of rotations using IR sensor. I want Counter IC to count that value and store it. pls tell me about good IC.

cheers

For storing the counts, you need to store it in a memory which is only possible with a microcontroller.

amila133

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back