Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telit GM862 problem [URGENT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_hush

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MODERATOR ACTION: next time you flooded the board with same topic you will ban asking in one forum for same topic enough

I'm trying to test gm862 gsm modem by connecting it to PC, but it simply isn't working/responding.

I've connected TxD and RxD to MAX232N and I've used two zener diodes due to gm862's voltage levels. And after I've hooked up the hardware I've sent certain AT commands, but I don't ANY response.

So, in order to determine what is the problem I've disconnected everything form gm862 except for power supply and saw that when I turn on the modem, TxD pin (pin37) goes 'high' for a second or less and then it goes back to 'low', although it should always be 'high' when the TxD line is idle.

What the problem could be? Please help ASAP.
Thanks,
johnny

Because I need to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If you don't have any smart suggestions please don't go offtopic.

There is neither source code nor schematic.

The thing is simple: I connect only power supply, then I power on the modem and TxD pin is high only for a second, instead of being constantly high.

Can somebody help out? What can be a solution?

If there's no schematic then what's with the MAX232 in post #1?
Maybe it need CTS/RTS or DTR/DSR handshaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.