Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

telescopic ota with sc-cmfb

Status
Not open for further replies.

adix

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing a telescopic ota with SC-CMFB. These are my design specs:
vdd=1.8V
gbw=500MHz
load=100fF
DC gain>40db

My design works well with an ideal CMFB. My problem is the design of the SC-CMFB. I read the paper of Choksi and also several books. Once i connect the SC-CMFB to my OTA, the DC gain drops. Furthermore, the CM output is not the one I set. Any tips on designing the SC-CMFB or errors you think I may have done?

i think it might drop because of the loading of extra capacitors. I am not too sure. try improving it for higher load. Also- did you check if all the transistors in saturation after connecting the SC circuit?

All transistors are in saturation with or without SC-CMFB. And the gain at DC shouldnt change if I add SC-CMFB. Strange...And I also get a ripple at the output when I apply a differential signal at the input. Is that normal?

how are you measuring your DC gain?
at what frequency are you clocking your CMFB?
can you show us a transient plot of how the cmfb is settling?

Sorry for being late, I didnt have access to my design.
1) I measure the DC gain by parametric analisys by changing one of the imputs amplitude by a few mV and see the difference at the output.
2) I clock at 500MHz. The unity gain bandwidth of the opamp is now ~1GHz.
Here is the settling of the cmfb

Thanks for your answers!

did you do a DC analysis first? I am trying the same circuit but my common mode(vdd/2) is not setting at the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back