Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teleflex tacho repair tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Teleflex tacho repair

A tachometer on my boat got fried when I was cruising. I saw two 'blow ups' one after the other and I observed smoke.

Attached are some photos of the schematic. I tried to look for the schematic but it was in vain.

I managed to get the values of the two capacitors; 015J400 and 47uF polarised. However the power resistor was totally burned I couldn't recover the value.

when I desoldered the fried resistor I read 227.6 Ohms, but when I removed the terminal caps from the resistor to end up with only the 'graphite bar' I read about 700 Ohms.

I thought 227 Ohms is the closest to 220 Ohms standard values. The black diode was still oki when tested. I am not sure if the zener diode near the 'black area' is still working or if it still has the

value on the other side.

Do you think that this short was caused due to the dry capacitor or it could be a fault in the alternator? should there be a fuse in between to check it as well?

Attachments

• IMG_20130809_135304.jpg
    IMG_20130809_135304.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20130809_134946.jpg
    IMG_20130809_134946.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57

Status
Not open for further replies.