Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix 434 service manual needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrownp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Tektronix 434

Hi, guys, does anyone have a Tektronix 434 service manual? Operating manual? Have been searching on google to no avail... Thanx.

Re: Tektronix 434

Hi, karesz,
Thank you for the link. Is there a way to get hold of sections 8 and 9 (circuit diagrams)?
I was recently given this scope but it has some problems with the horizontal deflection (timebase) circuits. I was told that these Tek scopes have been plagued with trimming capacitor flaking...
BTW, is there a way to decode the serial number to get the production year?
Thanx again.

Tektronix 434

Hi bbrownp,
Thanks & welcome!
I dont know some possibilities over s.8 & 9...Sorry!

I would say write pls for KO4BB, he is very enthusiastic American radio amateur, may be has over hes "rig" rash some solution for you_and other persons too:)
I can not tell you the decoding possibilies too, but
I remember yet:
It exists a yahou Tek (& of course HP too) interest/wourk group!
Their are good questions to that_I belief:)
I have the address on my PC_ i will sourch for that!
Greatings!
K.

Added after 9 minutes:

I found yet at "bama" Tek 432 Manual(56MB), but what is difference?
https://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/432/
Some time I buyed pdf-Manuals on CD from www.micromanuals.com (Huston), their are regularly not so expensive (1-20$) and with relative good scanquality...
I see to by at www.valuetronics.com, usually(as I know) their sells manuals too.

Added after 9 minutes:

Hier is another source_with spar parts too!:):
https://www.qservice.tv/vpasp/shopexd.asp?id=95&bc=no
K.

bbrownp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanx, karesz, for your help. Yes, I had already downloaded the bama manual. I guess the only difference between the two scopes is that the 432 is not a storage scope while the 434 is. Electronic circuits inside should be quite similar (at least, I hope). I would think that the first thing to do is to clean all the contacts, though they seem to be gold-plated.

Tektronix 434

Hi fun!
:)
I think too: first step must be every times a good cleaning, check the electrolythics_SMD Alu elkos are often very beed on leakaging, you can see "lot acid on work" at PCB-cooper:(...
Of course all contacts of switches, and so on.

In my 5 years old PC was a 105C ALu Elko a week ago "OUt", opened hes top, but the PC isnot warm in their region too...

I founded the "Tek User groups" address for you, but I dont know if it is working yet...:YahooTEK-Forum!
**broken link removed**
Good luck!
K.

bbrownp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanx, I'll try that!

Tektronix 434

Hi bbrownp,

I say tnx for you too!

Good luck-give feedback!:)
K.