Not open for further replies.

bbrownp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Tektronix 434

Hi, guys, does anyone have a Tektronix 434 service manual? Operating manual? Have been searching on google to no avail... Thanx.

Re: Tektronix 434

Hi, karesz,
Thank you for the link. Is there a way to get hold of sections 8 and 9 (circuit diagrams)?
I was recently given this scope but it has some problems with the horizontal deflection (timebase) circuits. I was told that these Tek scopes have been plagued with trimming capacitor flaking...
BTW, is there a way to decode the serial number to get the production year?
Thanx again.

Tektronix 434

Hi bbrownp,
Thanks & welcome!
I dont know some possibilities over s.8 & 9...Sorry!

I would say write pls for KO4BB, he is very enthusiastic American radio amateur, may be has over hes "rig" rash some solution for you_and other persons too
I can not tell you the decoding possibilies too, but
I remember yet:
It exists a yahou Tek (& of course HP too) interest/wourk group!
Their are good questions to that_I belief
I have the address on my PC_ i will sourch for that!
Greatings!
K.

Added after 9 minutes:

I found yet at "bama" Tek 432 Manual(56MB), but what is difference?
https://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/432/
Some time I buyed pdf-Manuals on CD from www.micromanuals.com (Huston), their are regularly not so expensive (1-20$) and with relative good scanquality...
I see to by at www.valuetronics.com, usually(as I know) their sells manuals too.

Added after 9 minutes:

Hier is another source_with spar parts too!:
https://www.qservice.tv/vpasp/shopexd.asp?id=95&bc=no
K.

bbrownp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanx, karesz, for your help. Yes, I had already downloaded the bama manual. I guess the only difference between the two scopes is that the 432 is not a storage scope while the 434 is. Electronic circuits inside should be quite similar (at least, I hope). I would think that the first thing to do is to clean all the contacts, though they seem to be gold-plated.

Tektronix 434

Hi fun!

I think too: first step must be every times a good cleaning, check the electrolythics_SMD Alu elkos are often very beed on leakaging, you can see "lot acid on work" at PCB-cooper...
Of course all contacts of switches, and so on.

In my 5 years old PC was a 105C ALu Elko a week ago "OUt", opened hes top, but the PC isnot warm in their region too...

I founded the "Tek User groups" address for you, but I dont know if it is working yet...:YahooTEK-Forum!
**broken link removed**
Good luck!
K.

bbrownp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanx, I'll try that!

Tektronix 434

Hi bbrownp,

I say tnx for you too!

Good luck-give feedback!
K.