Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TEK 2230 Storage Scope Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjo

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is anyone familar with the TEK 2230 scope? I got one from a company liquidation. It passes diags and seems to work fine in non-storage mode. However, I can not seem to get it to store anything. Waveform storage was not a pressing issue at the time, so I just used it ASIS.

Now a friend has borrowed it and wants to capture single sweep events. He also is baffled about how to get storage to work. Either storage is broken on this scope or we are doing something wrong.

Does anyone have one of these scopes working? Could you post a simple storage checkout, like hook a scope probe to the calibration pin and push the buttons in this order?

(We have the original manual and I found pdfs on the web, but neither has helped us.)

Thanks for any help.

---- Steve

There is just 1 button to select non-store or store mode. If this doesn't work the storage mode maybe faulty.

banjo,

Did you resolve the Tektronix 2230 digital storage issue?

The 2230 requires either Option 10 or 12 in order to save digital waveforms for later recovery. The options provide 26 KB of storage memory that can be used as 1 KB or 4 KB memory blocks. It requires 4 buttons to save a waveform, the "Store", "Save", "Save Ref", and a "Ref Location" to store the waveform.

Hope this isn't too late to help.

SlideRule

Status
Not open for further replies.