Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

technology File conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence techfile

:wink:

synopsys technology file cadence tf

if the vendor can provide this format of tf or the software can translate it directely, you are the lucky birds.otherwise you have to do it by yourself.8

technology file tf synopsys

Most *.tf definitions from cadence are not applicable to other tools. If you are interessted in transfer the layer definition of cadence into e.g. mychip you have to use a script. Some specific differences are that the stipple pattern is 16x16 in cds and 8x8 in mychip. The grafic part is easy. More problematic is the DRC and not solveable the LVS. I have written in the past new techfiles by hand, first understanding the layer processing and then translating into the semantics of the target tool. A one-one translation is only possible if the target tool vendor exact implement the source sematics. That was proposed for Polaris, now belonging to Synopsis. I think MyCad also announce to be Dracula compatible. But be caution.

synopsys .tf

sorry for my english.
cin, you should can migrate de tf files automaticaly, if there is NOT parametrizable cell, otherwise, you must reconfigure it by hand.

Please correct my written english, i'll try to inprove it.
thx

sorry for my english.
cin, you can migrate the tf files automaticaly, if there is NOT parametrizable cell, otherwise, you must reconfigure it by hand.

Please correct my written english, i'll try to inprove it.
thx

My*c*a*d indeed claims their tools are Dracula compatible in their document.
But I experienced the incompatiable drc/lvs/lpe problems on it several months
ago. What I can do is to use another similar command. This is dagerous. Since
I don't specialize in Dracula command and hard to find the bug of M*y*c*h*i*p
station. It's possible I miss something, so I just learn it by doing. Fortunely,
I don't use it on the daily work.Besides,I transfer tf of cadence to My*c*h*i*p
format by hand.This is indeed tiresome work.And another problem is that the
stipple pattern of the two tools are different. I select the similar style to
make the layout look similar and professional.:smile:

I trasfer the tf file format just because I need an ASIC design tool running on PC.

What is the standard flow in the plateform
of PC envirement?

Do I need which tool to implement from
design to a real ic?

becouse I do not know what cadence software engineers do. So, form cadence 99 to 2000 you should migrate de tf files(if they are parametrizable).

Again, Correct my english.
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back