Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Techniques for testing audio circuit designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juz_ad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm after some general information on learning/developing better techniques for testing audio circuits.

For now, (I think) my main priority is to compare the quality of the input signal with the 'dry' (unaffected) output signal so I can see what effect (if any) the circuit is having on the signal. An example of this might be putting a sine wave through a VCA to ensure that when the VCA was fully open - there was no change between input and output.

At the moment I switch between using a Sine Wave and a Square Wave and I compare the input and output signals visually on a scope...

...but if I wanted to get deeper than that - what should I be considering, researching or measuring?

As an example - my mixer specifications tell me it has <0.0007 THD. How is this measured?

Would learning more about FFT help?

I'd appreciate some advice on this - no matter how general.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.