Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technical design information about AM mixers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrojacob

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to RF. I just started experimenting with AM Radios. Setup a TRF receiver successfully. There are problems with my superheterodyne design. I think the problem is with the mixer.

I'm an engineering student with understanding of circuits. When it comes to practice, it proves to be very hard without a CRO.

If anybody has technical design information about transistor AM mixers (those transistor mixers in which the transistor is biased in nonlinear region).

Also informations about 'things to be remembered' are also welcome.

Thanks
Jacob

am mixer

no one will answer ur such question. You should specify what kind of problem u met. Otherwise, just go to look for textbook

AM Mixer Design

check the gilbert cell mixers chips in the market , there are alot of application notes on them

Khouly

Re: AM Mixer Design

You really should look at the signal levels at each stage of your design, a simple transistor mixer is where one sigal is applied to the base of the transistor and the other - modulating one is applied to the emitter. Other wise you could use a dual gate fet and use one of the gates to modulate the RF signal on that is present on the other gate.

With such questions you really need to be more specific about your questions with signal levels and define what exactly is your problem.

Best of luck

Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.