Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tech.dpux and creating lef files

Status
Not open for further replies.

princemufi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tech.dpux

I am currently trying to create a tech.dpux for vtvtlib25 standard cell library. I have managed to create a GDS file from the stream.map file provided by vtvtlib. I have used the tutorials provided on the net for the tech.dpux file but they all require lef2hdl could anyone suggest how to create the tech.dpux file in cadence which has information for the cell layout. The files i have currently are techfile.cds, template.v (verilog file for all cell), vtvtlib25.alf, vtvtlib25.tlf and vt_lib.lef.

Also if anyone has a tech.dpux file as someties is supplied. Could you kindly forward it to me or attach to the post. My e-mail is prince_mufi at hotm**l dot com. Help much appreciated

Regards
Mufi

sorry forgot to say one more thing. The lef2hld file i mentioned is a tool do anyone know how to load it? as this would also help. I have tried tying it in CIW but says cant be found!!.

generate lef file with icfb

From Abstract Generator in CIW you can create tech.dpux file.

cadence 5.0.33 xdpyinfo not load

please could you tell me how to create it in abstract generator?

cadence encounter tech.dpux

Go into Tools->Abstract Generator....

in that File->Technology

then in Technology Editor File->load lef (any provided by foundary)

then save it will save the tech.dpux file.

lef2hld

That seems very helpful. But the abstract generator i have is version 5.0.0.03 and doesnt have the option of file-- technology etc. The option it has got is file--- library-- then you select new or open or attach tech file from this option. Also in this abstract generator i can not import a LEF file until i open a new or existing library. I am sorry am quite new to this and would really appreciate your help.

icfb display.drf import techfile

i using ic 5.0.33 , found this version by going to icfb and file--- whats new--- this tell me the version number, was this what you wanted to know?

how to create a lef

with icfb 5.0 you should have abstract generator 5.4 on which i have generated the tech.dpux file. just follow the steps i have mentioned previously.

abstract version 5.0.0 lef file

We have a version there has no option for file---- technology---- this is what i get when i start abstract

LOG (ABS-1420): Starting Abstract version 5.0.0 03/19/04 20:09 (lvlinuxy), sub-version 5.0.33.14, on linux 2.4.18-17.7.xsmp.

By the way i am using linux operation systems.
You seem to know alot and will really appreciate your help. of could i send you my file and if you can create for me a dpux file i will really appreciate.

abstract icfb command lef

send me your CDS.log file if i could find out for you wats the problem wtih your icfb ?

how to create lef file

I Have attached the file please have a look, will really appreciate if you could help me. By the way do you have a lef2hld.exe file. If so this will help me to create a dpux file. Please attach me this file or send via e-mail prince_mufi@hotmail.com. will really appreciate.

THIS IS ALL THAT IS IN THE CDS.LOG FILE DURING START UP OF ICFB (I COULDNT ATTACH THE FILE AS WASNT ALLOWED TO ATTACH THIS EXTENSION) BUT MANAGED TO COPY HERE FOR YOU TO LOOK AT

\o Program: @(#)$CDS: icfb.exe version 5.0.0 04/30/2004 01:13 (intelibm12) $
\o Hierarchy: /cae/2004/ic/tools.lnx86/dfII/
\o Sub version: sub-version 5.0.33_USR2.34.8 (32-bit addresses)
\o X server: The X.Org Foundation
\o Depth of Visual (Root): 24 (24)
\o Number of Planes Used: 24
\o X version: 11.0 (vendor release 60802000)
\o Window Manager: other
\o User Name: elmk2
\o Working Directory: w121-002:/cae/home/elmk2/adder
\o Process Id: 3916
\o
\o COPYRIGHT © 1992-2004 CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
\o © 1992-2004 UNIX SYSTEMS Laboratories INC.,
\o Reproduced with permission.
\o
\o This Cadence Design Systems program and online documentation are
\o proprietary/confidential information and may be disclosed/used only
\o as authorized in a license agreement controlling such use and disclosure.
\o
\o RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE (SHORT FORM)
\o Use/reproduction/disclosure is subject to restriction
\o set forth at FAR 1252.227-19 or its equivalent.
\p >
\o 8-bit PseudoColor Visual is not available (default Visual option).
\o Using 24-bit TrueColor Visual.
\o The program xdpyinfo can be used to verify the Visuals available
\o for your display.
\w *WARNING* The file /afs/eos/dist/cadence/local/cdssetup/display.drf was not found.
\o Loading PRshare.cxt
\o Loading LVS.cxt
\o Loading acv.cxt
\o Loading auCore.cxt
\o Loading schView.cxt
\o Loading selectSv.cxt
\o Loading seismic.cxt
\o Loading UltraSim.cxt
\o Loading UltraSimMixi.cxt
\o Customizing ...
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool adle
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool asimenv
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool cdsSpice
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool ddserv
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool graphic
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool hspiceS
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool layout
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool schematic
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool spectreS
\o loading vars from /cae/2004/local/cdssetup/cdsenv for tool ui
\o loading vars from ~/.cdsenv for tool asimenv
\o Loading awv.cxt
\o Loading /cae/2004/ic/tools/plot/.cdsplotinit
\o Loading layers.cxt
\o Loading NCSU SKILL routines...
\o END OF SITE CUSTOMIZATION
\o Warning: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--0-100-75-75-p-0-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
\i ddsWhatsNew()
\p >

what is a tech lef

for lef2hld do you have DSM installed. if so then search in the path for hld1x directory. you will get the lef2hld file. this comes with silicon ensembles.

technology file dpux

Does the DSM installation contain this lef2hld.exe file?
I think i havent installed DSM i will have a look.
Do i need a new version of the abstract generator? as i still tried looking for the file--- technology etc as you suggested but can seem to find it?

yes lef2hld comes with DSM. and i had used abstract generator 5.4 for tech.dpux and lef generation. see if you can use the same ?

okay i will install DSM. By the way the abstract generator i have i can adjust the versions from 5.3 , 5.4 and 5.5. but it still doesnt give me the option of file --- technology--- etc. Is there another suggestion to generate an abstract or another tool that will work in cadence, Linux system.

Ok lets follow the steps :
1) open icfb
2) Tools -> Abstract Generator ....

it will show a form asking for Run Dirctrory [abstract] and command line arguments [-tech .]

just press ok

it will ask to create abstract Directory ? {if the abstract does not exists}

press yes

then it will show you abstract PCW log window
and abstract 5.4 window

and a message saying Technology Data
"You have started Abstract with no tech.dpux.
You will need to create one using the technology editor before continuing"

press Ok

now in abstract window

I can see following optinos

File Bin Cells Flow

choose file then !!! Technology !!!
I can able to choose in abstract 5.4 just see if you have follwed the same steps or else ?

sorry regarding the DSM i asked my lecturer he said we had it installed but once we started using encounter we uninstalled it as brings problems to linux systems. Do you anyother suggestions to get a dpux file?

I had faced the problem of generating lef and tech.dpux files long back for my design. and i contacted Cadence for it. I had told you all the feedback from cadence.
I was opening abstract in icfb environment (analog environment) but cadence suggested me Following :

Cadencd :"So please invoke the Abstract using the executable under the DSMSE stream and follow the steps that I mentioned in my previous emails to generate the LEF."

and when i opened abstract in DSMSE environment i could manage to generate both tech.dpux and lef files.

So according to cadence DSMSE is must to run abstract.

okay i have been successful in generating a tech.dpux file. I have tried extremely hard to load this tech.dpux file into abstract. Although i mention my abstract generator is version 5.0.0.03 it doesnt have the option of file---- technology---- the only optionavailable if file---- new or old or attach tech but nothing else. could you please suggest how to attach the tech.dpux and generate a LEF file from abstract..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back