Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teaching Math online

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am interested to create my online channel at Youtube for teaching Math. If I cover the topics from a particular book and explain in my own way or If I pick questions from a selected book and solve questions by explaining them, would it be any problem in terms of copyright of content in the video ? I was searching Youtube community where I should ask this question instead posing on EDAboard but I could not find anything. Can someone please share Youtube discussion forum to ask such questions ?

I suggest you find a lawyer board. Engineers dont know this stuff!

i agree with barry - talk to a copywrite lawyer

you might want to look at Khan Academy - see how he does it and see what the competition looks like
my guess is you can talk about math without any particular book

I have searched forums on which I can post questions on Youtube education channel but I don't find. Can someone suggest any suitable discussion platform on which I can post questions regarding educational channel.

See post #2 & #3, again. This is a legal question, not a YouTube question.

But since im not a lawyer, ill give you free advice. Covering the topics in a book doesnt violate any copyright. Just because an author covers eigenvalues that doesnt mean the have any ownership of that topic. Working a problem from a book also doesnt seem to me (not a lawyer) to be an issue; teachers do it all the time, dont they?

Status
Not open for further replies.