Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCP/UDP communication between a microcontroller and a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabos

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would need a TCP or UDP communication between a microcontroller and a PC. The required speed: 1-2 Mb/s.
Can you recommend me something?
Does anybody have experience with WIZnet stuffs?

Thanks

mikroe wiznet

Hi,

CP22xx from silicon labs is pretty simple to use. Silicon labs provides lots of code examples for sending data Via ethernet. Vist www.silabs.com for more details

With regards
S.Rajesh Kumar

drabos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: ETHERNET controller

Hi,

You can use Cirrus Logic's CS8900. It has inbult MAC & PHY with ISA interface. The controller will support 10mbps.

drabos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

drabos said:
I would need a TCP or UDP communication between a microcontroller and a PC. The required speed: 1-2 Mb/s.
Can you recommend me something?
Does anybody have experience with WIZnet stuffs?

Thanks

Try search Zilog or Microchip MCU. They have intergrated ethernet controller with MCU. THis is the most simple way to do your project.

If you like other method. --> www.edtp.com

ETHERNET controller

ENC28J60 Stand-Alone Ethernet Controller with SPI Interface from Microchip is also good choice

ETHERNET controller

How about wireless ethernet chips?

UBICOM

**broken link removed**

ETHERNET controller

in some project microcontrller with integrated ethernet controller is best choice, example for this type of controller are PIC18F97J60/J90

Hello, I think wiznet is a good choice if you need a LAN 10/100 fast.
I used it about 4 years ago.
I tryed to analyze other market solution but wiznet was faster.
Anyway if you don't need performance you can use other solution (a processor with integrated LAN, for example NXP LPC2378).
Regards

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.