Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCL scripting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_lord14

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i want your help regarding this problem of mine...i am quite new to this tcl scripting....

if suppose i have an instance name a/b/c and a related netlist, how can i write a tcl script which will take an instance ( say c ) and will return the module name under which it is defined ...?

for eg : say this regexp feature will take the instance i_pscore and save it in a variable 'target'.
but please give me an example script which will return the module name for $target ( which is 'pscore' ) from the netlist....

thanx a ton...! :) !!

Hi,
1: If you familiar with Perl, it can do it throug trace the RTL code files.
2: If you have DC or PT, you can do it by using some DC/PT command to trace this, DC/PT call them attributes. For example: get_attribute -of_object [get_cells a/b/c] "ref_name".
Thanks.

Your problem is more to know the Primetime command than the TCL.

get_lib_cells -of_objects $e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back