Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCA785 3 phase Controlled Rectifier design PIN 8 - Vref

Status
Not open for further replies.

z45679420x

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm designing a 3-phase full wave controlled rectifier using thyristors for a class. I bought some tca785 ICs and I have a question regarding Pin 8 and how do I utilize the IC's ability to be connected in parallel (in this case I will need 3, one for each phase input [RST]). I know it can be done without using this pin, but I'm interested in complete understanding of the device.

Thanks.

hi
u have here 6 scr u must use 3 (TCA785) each ic drive pair of scr to get
6pulse driver... about pin8 its just internally Vref .
parallel here mean drive voltage for control pin 11 common for 3 IC'S
to get symetrical phase angle trigger for all phases

That's what I thought, but I wanted to double check with somebody who knew. Thanks!

Thanks Mr. nashwan,
i have a datasheet of IC TCA785, and there is a circuit which uses to trigger thyristors but it seems complicated a little bit, now do u have a simple circuit that uses to trigger thyristors? if yes plz upload it to us.
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back