Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tantalum capacitor footprint design help

Status
Not open for further replies.
the datasheet shows six different sizes (A,B,C,D,E,V), which one do you have?
And what is the software you are using?

Alex

i am using proteus 7.7 and the part number is TR3D227K010C0150 ==> the size D

the problem is i didn't find this footprint in proteus so i used another capacitor with the same case size, exactly i used this B76006D2279M040 found in proteus library, is what iam doing true ?

the component you chose is 336th length and 95mil width , your specification is 287x170 , the length is ok but you need wider pad

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

No you are actually correct, the case is 170mil wide (W) but the pad is 95 (Tw) so it should fit fine

ah ok thank you alexan_e, so i continue my design without dusing a footprint deisgned by myself ?

yes it is fine, the datasheet shown something like a pad in the center of the capacitor, what is it?

The block in the middle of the terminations on the Bottom and Side views is a Glue pad which is part of the molded package. This is for people who might want to mount the parts on the bottom side of a board and glue it down to the board before reflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back